[mpm-itk] User/group php and resolving

Edwin Ringersma edwin at introweb.nl
Wed Jan 30 17:02:40 CET 2008

Hi,

I'm facing 2 problems.
1. user/group is showing as #-1/-1 in phpinfo.
   apache is running as the defined user, so that is working fine.
   Is this a quirk that should be ignored ?

2. hostname resolving for things like fopen, fsockopen, include is not
working.
  But using the ip-adres is working just fine.

I'm using FreeBSD 6.2 with apache 2.2.8 build with make WITH_MPM=itk
and PHP-5.2.5. Has anyone got this setup running ok ? Or workaround/fixes ?
I've tried running a nameserver on the server but this didn't resolve it.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.

kind regards,
Edwin