[mpm-itk] mod_fcgid: can't get lock

Felix Schwarz felix.schwarz at oss.schwarz.eu
Sun Jan 10 13:35:31 CET 2010

Hi,

I'm using mpm itk on CentOS 5 (httpd-2.2.3-31.1.el5.2). Now I want to add
mod_fcgid to the mix to separate web applications from the server process (and
in order not to use the mod_python/mod_php which have their own share of
problems when it comes to system libraries that might be linked by other
Apache modules).

Basically setting up mod_fcgid used to be very easy:
     <Directory /usr/share/roundcubemail/>
          AddHandler fcgid-script .php
          FCGIWrapper /usr/bin/php-cgi .php
          Options +ExecCGI
     </Directory>

However with MPM itk that does not work anymore - after quite a long time
waiting for the application, all I see is this in the error log:
(13)Permission denied: mod_fcgid: can't get lock, pid: <...>

There were some recent posts on this mailing list ([1], [2]) that indicated
that mod_fcgid should work with MPM ITK.

In other forums people mention that mod_fcgid will work correctly ([3]).

Does mod_fcgid work together with MPM itk? Any hints where I should look to
get rid of my problem?

fs

[1] http://lists.err.no/pipermail/mpm-itk/2010-January/000250.html
[2] http://lists.err.no/pipermail/mpm-itk/2010-January/000249.html