[mpm-itk] apc cache ("answer" after long time)

Dzianis Kahanovich mahatma at bspu.unibel.by
Wed Dec 5 11:30:49 CET 2012

Steinar H. Gunderson пишет:

>> Yes, I remember why I always change lock method from default pthreadmutex.
>> IMHO locking must work across all apache+PHP instances, but ITK is
>> non-threaded and threaded locking just not work across processes.
>
> I don't really know anything about apc, but this is as far as I know not
> correct; pthread mutexes can be shared and synchronize across processes just
> as well as between threads. See in particular the
> pthread_mutexattr_setpshared() call.

Thanks, good. But after day of work with pthread mutexes I got multiple "child
died with signal 11" and even cron's restart. But it may be result of "my
vfork()" (CLONE_VFORK here). OK, I will silently test and select eaccelerator or
no vfork() without later flood... It may be also result of various PHP features
("non-mainstream" related to binary distros), trying to work with background
process, or even mmap.

--
WBR, Dzianis Kahanovich AKA Denis Kaganovich, http://mahatma.bspu.unibel.by/