[mpm-itk] Message in error_log: (No info could be read for "-p": geteuid()=48 but you should be root.)

Thomas Plant thomas.plant at web.de
Tue Dec 11 09:32:47 CET 2012

Hello.

We have installed on our Centos 6 x86_64 the httpd-itk package.
Everything is working as expected, only the following entry in the
apache error log irritates me:

(No info could be read for "-p": geteuid()=48 but you should be root.)

Should i set the Apache/Httpd Daemon  'User' and 'Group' as 'root' in
httpd.conf?

The installed package has the following version info:
Name        : httpd-itk                    Relocations: (not relocatable)
Version     : 2.2.22                            Vendor: Fedora Project
Release     : 6.el6                         Build Date: Sat 07 Apr 2012
01:47:45 PM CEST

Thanks,
Thomas