[mpm-itk] New mpm-itk release for 2.4 and trunk: 2.4.4-01

Steinar H. Gunderson sgunderson at bigfoot.com
Sun Nov 11 13:44:58 CET 2012

Hi,

I've made a new release of mpm-itk for Apache 2.4.x and trunk.
This is maybe the biggest change in the history of mpm-itk,
as it is now possible to build it as an out-of-tree module;
that means no more Apache patching! Well, if you are building
against Apache trunk (2.5.x), that is. 2.4 users will still
need to apply a few patches for now; backports of these are
included in the archive.

The changelog entry goes as follows:

mpm-itk 2.4.4-01, released 2012-11-11:

 - Build completely out-of-tree; thanks to Jeff Trawick for spearheading
   this on the Apache side. Note that this requires patches that
   are not in any Apache 2.4 release right now, so you will either need to
   apply the patches from the patches/ directory (that have been backported
   to 2.4.3, from Subversion) or build against httpd trunk. (It is hoped, but
   not guaranteed, that they will be part of the Apache 2.4.4 release.)
   Also, note that the performance will be ever so slightly lower than the
   in-tree versions, due to double statting of .htaccess files. I hope to
   fix this eventually.

   I've chosen to keep the version numbers consistent with the previous
   release, indicating that this release will probably go along with
   Apache 2.4.4, but assuming out-of-tree-builds will be the way forward
   in the 2.4 and newer series, Apache and mpm-itk version numbers will
   probably diverge in the future.
 - Add a version component ("mpm-itk/2.4.4-01") when the module is loaded,
   so maybe over time we can get a better idea of how widespread mpm-itk
   really is, and in what versions.

The release can, as always, be found at http://mpm-itk.sesse.net/ .

/* Steinar */
--