[mpm-itk] ITK and mod_status error started happening today ....

fhdata fhdata at unm.edu
Sun Jul 27 23:20:50 CEST 2014

hello,

standard centos6's kernel is not 3.x  , is 6.2.32, but that is a
different discussion.

the issue with httpd-itk is that on 6/24th red hat updated httpd . . .

And whatever httpd-itk needed (underneath i.e. libraries ,etc) got
changed because of that update and it (httpd-itk)  broke.

in  this *specific* instance,  you can comment out mod_status in httpd.conf
and apache restarts with no error; But:  (A) that is under standard red
hat / centos 6
(B) and this is  not a recommenced way of approaching &  fixing issues
VS addressing
underlying root cause

in this case, in my opinion,  either package maintainer has  time and
interest
and will address the issue or  going to apache 2.4.x  is also an viable
option (for some).

thank you,
F-