[mpm-itk] Module vs MPM (Installation Issues and Confusion)

Steinar H. Gunderson sgunderson at bigfoot.com
Mon May 5 18:44:43 CEST 2014

On Mon, May 05, 2014 at 04:52:17PM +0100, Gibbs wrote:
> 1. Does the ITK MPM have a dependency on Prefork MPM?
> 2. Is ITK a module as well as an MPM?

For the latest 2.4 versions (e.g. 2.4.7-01 and newer), it is a module that
depends on the prefork MPM. Before that, it was an MPM in its own right.

> The issue I am having is that the Puppet Apache module only allows
> one MPM and forcefully removes anything else. I see in the load file
> that ITK 'Depends: mpm_prefork' but Prefork has 'Conflicts: ...
> mpm_itk' ?? Also enabling mpm_itk forces mpm_prefork to load.

This is a known bug in the Debian/Ubuntu packages; we're working on it.
It is not Puppet-related. I believe you could remove the conflicts and things
should in theory work.

/* Steinar */
--
Homepage: http://www.sesse.net/