[mpm-itk] mpm-itk feedback and questions

Steinar H. Gunderson sgunderson at bigfoot.com
Thu May 15 01:39:26 CEST 2014

On Wed, May 14, 2014 at 05:35:36PM -0600, fhdata wrote:
> How often mpm-itk publisher update httpd-itk
> I am downloading from epel?
> i.e. if there is a security in rhel apache (httpd)
> and they fix it,  will I see that fix reflect
> in a new httpd-itk appearing on epel -- if yes, how quickly?
> Or, is this a wrong place for me to post this question?

Given that I don't even know what EPEL is, this is probably the wrong place
for the question. You'll have to take distribution questions up with your
distributor.

> Question2:
> How would mpm-itk scale up in a scenario of let say
> 1000 websites served of  a  six load-balanced apache server farm?
> websites are fairly dynamic but not heavily.

mpm-itk performance is definitely lower than prefork (depending a bit on your
query mix), but it does not depend on the number of web sites. It will be
(relatively) less important if you are serving much dynamic content than if
you are mainly doing static pages.

You should probably benchmark on something resembling your real load to get
definite answers here.

/* Steinar */
--
Homepage: http://www.sesse.net/