[mpm-itk] mpm-itk feedback and questions

fhdata fhdata at unm.edu
Thu May 15 01:51:33 CEST 2014

On 2014-05-14 5:39 PM, Steinar H. Gunderson wrote:
> On Wed, May 14, 2014 at 05:35:36PM -0600, fhdata wrote:
>> How often mpm-itk publisher update httpd-itk
>> I am downloading from epel?
>> i.e. if there is a security in rhel apache (httpd)
>> and they fix it,  will I see that fix reflect
>> in a new httpd-itk appearing on epel -- if yes, how quickly?
>> Or, is this a wrong place for me to post this question?
> Given that I don't even know what EPEL is, this is probably the wrong place
> for the question. You'll have to take distribution questions up with your
> distributor.
thank you.
epel is a fedora project where orgs or individuals can find
non rhel rpms for software packages they need/like to use
but they can not get it from rhel
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/EPEL
i will consult with them.

>> Question2:
>> How would mpm-itk scale up in a scenario of let say
>> 1000 websites served of  a  six load-balanced apache server farm?
>> websites are fairly dynamic but not heavily.
> mpm-itk performance is definitely lower than prefork (depending a bit on your
> query mix), but it does not depend on the number of web sites. It will be
> (relatively) less important if you are serving much dynamic content than if
> you are mainly doing static pages.
ok. so if i understood what you said correctly, approx. serving 1 million
static pages per day is something i need to worry about with mpm-itk but
not the 300k or so dynamic  pages per day we serve.

Thank you,
F-