[mpm-itk] mpm-itk feedback and questions

Steinar H. Gunderson sgunderson at bigfoot.com
Thu May 15 02:16:36 CEST 2014

On Wed, May 14, 2014 at 05:51:33PM -0600, fhdata wrote:
> ok. so if i understood what you said correctly, approx. serving 1 million
> static pages per day is something i need to worry about with mpm-itk but
> not the 300k or so dynamic  pages per day we serve.

No, you are not understanding what I said correctly.

Using mpm-itk costs a certain amount of extra time per HTTP connection.
This overhead is typically larger than serving a static page, but smaller
than serving a dynamic page. So if you are having many pages with static
content only, you would probably notice the slowdown. If most of your pages
are dynamic, you are less likely to feel any impact from mpm-itk.

As for absolute numbers, this depends on a lot of factors. Again, benchmark.

/* Steinar */
--
Homepage: http://www.sesse.net/