[mpm-itk] mpm-itk feedback and questions

Bruccoleri, Robert (Ext) robert.bruccoleri at novartis.com
Tue May 20 14:42:46 CEST 2014

I modified mpm-itk to compile under Apache 2.4, but it didn't work as advertised. I had expected to use the module to permit the web server to access files belonging to me which the apache user did not have read access.

Unfortunately, the code first attempted to access the protected files as the apache user, and then it issued the setuid system call to change the server's UID. Obviously, this is the wrong order. The setuid call should happen first, before the files are accessed.

I solved my operational problem by creating a second instance of the web server which started execution with my UID. However, the general solution that mpm-itk advertises would still be preferable.

Thank you.

Robert Bruccoleri
robert.bruccoleri at novartis.com
Consultant for Novartis Institute for Biomedical Research
Congenomics, LLC
+1 609 902 8419