[mpm-itk] apache24 crashes with mpm-itk inside FreeBSD Jail 11.2-RELEASE

Patrick Proniewski patpro at patpro.net
Sun Jul 22 14:55:24 UTC 2018

On 21 juil. 2018, at 08:15, Patrick Proniewski <patpro at patpro.net> wrote:

>> On 21 juil. 2018, at 01:11, Steinar H. Gunderson <sgunderson at bigfoot.com> wrote:
>>
>> Good luck on your debugging; this is probably not an mpm-itk problem at this
>> stage. :-)
>
> you're probably right, but I don't understand why httpd won't crash when launched as "httpd -X". I'm currently trying to build nss_ldap with debug, but it fails, looks like there is something wrong with this on FreeBSD.

Ok, so to keep you updated, I've apparently found a workaround. After rebuilding the world and every pkg with debug, I was still unable to trace my problem inside SSL. My backtrace ended here:

(gdb) bt
#0  0x0000000805103645 in ssl23_connect () from /usr/lib/libssl.so.8
#1  0x0000000806d09bd1 in tlso_session_connect (ld=0x8026f9290, sess=0x8026adb80) at tls_o.c:444

and I couldn't find out what went wrong inside libssl.so.8. I've read that some other software (cUrl for example) were having problems with OpenSSL 1.0.2*, so I've tried to replace base system OpenSSL with OpenSSL from ports/pkg, then with LibreSSL, but it failed too.

The problematic piece of software seemed to be nss_ldap, so I've replaced it (and pam_ldap) with nss-pam-ldapd. And I'm relieved to tell that now everything works great.

regards
patpro